Archive for December, 2012

LAPD ‘Gun Buy-back’ Turns Up Two Rocket Launchers

December 31, 2012

Jan 1, 2013

The Los Angeles Police Department held a gun buyback in an attempt to get firearms off the streets. Law officials were a little surprised when two rocket launchers turned up.

2045: ‘Man Becomes Machine’ – The Transhumanist Agenda

December 31, 2012

Over the decades, technology has progressed faster than any other time in human history. Electronic machines are being used to improve our everyday lives and it is believed that by 2045 humans will become one with machines. RT’s Liz Wahl has more on the future of the human race…

‘Robocops’ to Patrol Los Angeles by Year 2025

December 31, 2012

In 1987, the film RoboCop debuted and featured a half-man half-robot cop patrolling the streets of Detroit, but now some car companies are planning on replacing cop cars in Los Angeles with drone cars by 2025. Ramon Galindo gives us a glimpse of the future police force…

Ms Hillary Clinton Hospitalized With Blood Clot

December 31, 2012


By Karen DeYoung
Washingt0n Post
Dec 31, 2012

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was hospitalized in New York on Sunday after doctors monitoring her recovery from a concussion discovered a blood clot, according to a statement from her office.

The statement said that “in the course of a follow-up exam, Secretary Clinton’s doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained several weeks ago. She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at New York-Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours.

“Her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion. They will determine if any further action is required.”

Clinton aide Philippe Reines, who issued the statement, declined to provide further details.

Reines said on Thursday that Clinton’s recuperation was continuing and that she was expected to resume her office schedule this week.

Clinton, 65, has not been seen in public since the first week in December, when she reportedly contracted a stomach virus during a trip to Europe. On Dec. 15, the State Department said that she had fainted at her home two days earlier, as a result of dehydration from the virus, and had sustained a concussion. The State Department said that her doctors had advised further rest.

During her absence, Clinton canceled an overseas trip and her scheduled testimony before Congress about the Sept. 11 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. She also did not appear at the White House on Dec. 21, when President Obamaintroduced Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) as his nominee to succeed Clinton.

Republicans have said that they are likely to hold up Kerry’s nomination hearing until Clinton testifies about the Benghazi attack, but the impact of this new disclosure was unclear.

Clinton said two summers ago that she would not stay in her job in a second Obama term.

Before the announcement about Clinton’s hospitalization, Obama appeared Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” and reaffirmed an earlier decision by Clinton to carry out all 29 recommendations made by a State Department review panel that examined the circumstances surrounding the attacks in Benghazi that killed U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans on Sept. 11. “My message to the State Department has been very simple, and that is we’re going to solve this,” he said. “We’re not going to be defensive about it; we’re not going to pretend that this was not a problem — this was a huge problem.”

Obama said one major finding — that the State Department relied too heavily on untested local Libyan militias to safeguard the compound in Benghazi — reflected “internal reviews” by the government. “It confirms what we had already seen based on some of our internal reviews; there was just some sloppiness, not intentional, in terms of how we secure embassies in areas where you essentially don’t have governments that have a lot of capacity to protect those embassies,” he said.

 

China Moves Cautiously on Foreign Media, but Signals Tighter Internet Control

December 31, 2012

Keith B. Richburg
Washington Post
Dec 31, 2012

BEIJING — Chinese citizens were treated this year to an unaccustomed number of hard-hitting exposés and investigations detailing the private lives and corrupt financial dealings of the most senior Communist Party officials and their family members.

Most of the reports have come from what one media expert here called “the two W’s,” meaning Western media and weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter.

So far, the Chinese government’s response to this growing onslaught of negative publicity has been scattered and sometimes surprisingly restrained. The reaction reflects what many analysts called Chinese authorities’ more sophisticated strategy for handling adverse publicity, and a recognition that any overreaction might simply draw new and unwanted attention.

Bloomberg News found its Web site blockedin China after a June story detailing the multimillion-dollar financial holdings by family members of Xi Jinping, who became Communist Party general secretary in November and will take over as president next year. Likewise, after the New York Times reported in October on the $2.7 billion fortune amassed by close relatives of outgoing prime minister Wen Jiabao, its Web site and its new Chinese-language site have been blocked here.

Other Western news organizations, such as Reuters and the Wall Street Journal, have aggressively pursued corruption and other lurid allegations against deposed former Politburo member Bo Xilai, whose wife, Gu Kailai, was convicted of murdering a British businessman.

So far, no reporter for a major Western media organization has been expelled from China for coverage of the various scandals. Melissa Chan, an American correspondent for Al Jazeera English, was expelled in May, but the Chinese government gave no reason, and hers was China’s first expulsion of a foreign journalist in 14 years.

“It’s really difficult for them to target individual reporters,” said Willy Wo-Lap Lam, a longtime analyst of Chinese politics at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. “This corruption and enrichment of families has become endemic. It’s difficult for them to issue denials. If they target individual reporters, or take legal action, this will just draw more attention.

After the New York Times story appeared detailing the $2.7 billion amassed by Wen’s relatives, including his aging mother, son, daughter, brother and brother-in-law, lawyers claiming to represent Wen’s family sent a statement to two Hong Kong newspapers denying there were any “hidden riches” and hinting at legal action against the Times. But so far, no action has been taken.

Read more

New Petition: Ensure Sec of State Clinton Testifies to Events 9/11/2012 in Benghazi, Libya

December 29, 2012

To all Senators, Congressmen and Governors of these United States:

Ensure Sec of State Clinton testimony to Events 9/11/2012, Benghazi Libya…

TO SIGN PETITION, CLICK HERE

It is important for several reasons:

1. For truth and justice to prevail.

2. To maintain transparency and accountability, two hallmarks of good government.

3. To protect our good name and remind us all that we all want to maintain one, including that of our nation.

….

Senate Approves Measure to Renew Orwellian Surveillance Powers

December 29, 2012

By Ellen Nakashima
Dec 29, 2012

Congress approved a measure Friday that would renew expansive U.S. surveillance authority for five more years, rejecting objections from senators who are concerned the legislation does not adequately protect Americans’ privacy.

The bill passed the Senate, 73 to 23. The House approved it in September, and President Obama is expected to sign it before the current authority expires Monday.

The lopsided Senate vote authorized a continuation of the government’s ability to eavesdrop on communications inside the United States involving foreign citizens without obtaining a specific warrant for each case. The surveillance has been credited with exposing several plots against U.S. targets but also has drawn fire from civil liberties advocates.

Dianne Feinstein: Reserved the Federal gov’t right to spy on its own citizens without a warrant.

“It produced and continues to produce significant information that is vital to defend the nation against international terrorism and other threats,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the chairman of the Intelligence Committee, who urged her colleagues to approve the extension without amendment so it would not need to be sent back to the House for a vote.

Feinstein said that about 100 arrests have occurred in terrorism-related plots over the past four years — 16 in the past year — and that electronic surveillance played a role in some of them.

Members of the Senate devoted much of Thursday to debating proposed privacy amendments to the bill, which renews a key provision of the FISA Amendments Act of 2008.

The Bush-era provision expanded the government’s surveillance authority to intercept electronic communications in the United States without a warrant if the targets are foreigners overseas. The surveillance is conducted under a blanket approval issued once a year by a special court, if the court is satisfied that the government’s targeting procedures will work and privacy protections are adequate.

But the e-mails and phone calls of Americans who communicate with the foreigners are also being swept up. A number of senators voiced concerns that intelligence agencies could search through the data for particular communications of U.S. citizens without a warrant — what they called a “backdoor search loophole.”

The Senate’s leading critic of the measure, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), agreed to drop his insistence that the government obtain a warrant for such searches in exchange for Senate leadership’s assurance that it would hold a vote on a Wyden amendment aimed at assessing the law’s privacy impact on Americans.

“What we want to know . . . [is] whether the government has ever taken advantage of this backdoor search loophole and conducted a warrantless search for the phone calls or e-mails of specific Americans,” Wyden said in floor debate Thursday.

His amendment would have required the director of national intelligence to report whether the government has conducted any warrantless searches and to provide information about the number and types of intercepted communications that involved U.S. citizens.

Wyden’s amendment got 43 votes Friday. Three other attempts to add safeguards and make other changes were defeated Thursday.

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) sought the declassification of significant legal opinions by the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which issues the yearly certifications. The court interprets the FISA law and its definitions of key terms shape the scope and nature of surveillance, he said.

The court has issued opinions that raise the question of whether the surveillance authority “is a gateway that is thrown wide open to any level of spying on Americans,” Merkley said.

“An open and democratic society like ours should not be governed by secret laws,” he said. “And judicial interpretations are as much a part of the law as the words that make up our statutes.”

Though Feinstein opposed the amendment for expediency’s sake, she said she supported Merkley’s goal and would seek declassification of significant court opinions, where doing so would not jeopardize national security.

A third amendment would have reauthorized the bill for only three years. A fourth would have required the government to get a warrant when seeking information held by third parties.

Source: Washington Post

More Baby P Schemes: Children Visiting A&E to Go on Database to ‘Spot Signs of Abuse’

December 28, 2012

David Icke says… “The prime motivation for this is not to protect children (if, only), it is to justify ever more children with loving parents being stolen by the State – the very State with a grotesque record of abusing children in ‘care’ and the covering up what happened – especially when it involves the rich and famous.

Don’t be fooled by the sales-pitch behind this ‘scheme’ – the State wants control of all children and this is only another stepping-stone to that end (see Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World).”

All children who visit hospital casualty departments or out-of-hours GPs will be run through a national database to spot signs of abuse by “devious parents”, ministers say.

By John-Paul Ford Rojas
Telegraph

Dec 28, 2012

Each emergency visit would be connected via an NHS computer system under the £8.6 million scheme, designed to help uncover abuse and neglect by revealing patterns of even minor injuries suffered by children.

Ministers want all hospitals to be using the system by 2015.

Baby P: Still being cited by gov’t agencies as reason for new state ‘schemes’, but no real reform to date of abuse of children in care.

It is part of a joined-up approach, which will also tie in records from social services and other parts of the NHS, designed to prevent a repeat of “terrible cases” of failures such as the deaths of Baby P and Victoria Climbie.

Doctors will be told they should ask questions if they see a pattern of suspicious injuries, or if parents have been taking their children to many different hospitals.

Dan Poulter, the health minister, told The Times that it would “stop those very devious parents who do abuse children from trying to pitch up at a number of locations and trying to hoodwink medical professionals into thinking everything’s all right when it’s not”.

Medical staff will also be able to see if the children they treat are subject to a child protection plan or are being looked after – meaning they are already identified as being at risk.

The plans were broadly welcomed by doctors though there were concerns it could be scuppered by the health service’s dubious record on IT.

Dr Poulter said: “Doctors and nurses are often the first people to see children who are victims of abuse.

“Up until now, it has been hard for frontline healthcare professionals to know if a child is already listed as being at risk or if children have been repeatedly seen in different emergency departments or urgent care centres with suspicious injuries or complaints, which may indicate abuse.

“Providing instant access to that information means vulnerable and abused children will be identified much more quickly – which will save lives.

“Baby P and Victoria Climbie were both shocking and tragic cases – we want to do everything we can to stop them happening again. This is a huge leap forward and will give the authorities a fighting chance of identifying abused children much sooner.”

The Department of Health said that at the moment it was difficult to tell if children have frequently had urgent treatment, but this could be important for spotting abuse, particularly if the child has suspicious injuries such as bruising, scratches, bite marks and burns.

Read more

Surprise: UK Minister Accuses Israel of ‘War Crimes’ Over Planned Settlement Expansions

December 28, 2012

Dec 28, 2012

Conservative British Minister has suggested that the Israeli regime is a war criminal for planning expansion of illegal settlements in East al-Quds (Jerusalem) and conferring university status to a college in the illegal settlement of Ariel.

The regime announced on December 24 that it is planning new illegal settlements in the Mordot Gilo South adding Ariel College will be upgraded to university status effectively creating the first university in an illegal settlement.

A positive step: British Foreign Minister for Middle East Alistair Burt breaks ranks condemning Israeli policy.

“Last week Foreign Secretary William Hague made clear our condemnation and deep disappointment at the approval of the East Jerusalem Ramat Shlomo plan. We also condemn the Jerusalem District Planning Board’s approvals for over 3150 units in Givaat Hamatos and 1242 units in Mordot Gilo South,” British Foreign Minister for Middle East Alistair Burt said.

“These are further profoundly provocative actions that run contrary to the Fourth Geneva Convention,” he added.

Burt also said that the Ariel College decision is “deeply disappointing” and called on Tel Aviv to stop such measures.

“We reiterate our call on Israel urgently to reverse these decisions and take no further steps aimed at expanding or entrenching settlement activity,” he said.

Burt’s remarks are and the reference to breach of the Fourth Geneva Convention are yet the harshest tone employed by a British official against the Zionist regime.

The Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, commonly referred to as the Fourth Geneva Convention require all occupiers to avoid transferring parts of their population into occupied territories.

Burt’s comments expose the growing international unease against the Israeli regime’s illegal settlement-building in Palestinian lands to the point that a western government has been forced to admit what human rights activists have been long trying to highlight, that is the Israeli regime’s settlement-building is a war crime.

Source: Press TV

Aussie Beach TV: Codex Alimentarius and the NWO’s Agenda

December 28, 2012

Aussie’s are becoming more clued-up on the NWO’s soft kill agenda…

The New World Order wants to reduce the world’s population to a level deemed by their elite committee as “sustainable”, and of course, “in perpetual balance with nature”. GMO foods without real nutrients, hyper vaccination and reproduction control policies are key planks in their new global caste system overhaul. Watch:

….